Isthmus of Ignatz

Brick by Brick

Monday, November 29, 2004

Crack goes the Nut

Somewhere in the clueless time of the teens, gave up being a foodie. But today at 2:39 pm fixed the most spiritual tea and butter swiches of my life while reading the cover job of The Age on Sunday (Masala Girl). A moment of clarity arrived as I beamed through the last lines and cleared the tumbler of the last noisy draft complete with pinky finger out. Food was lost to my life equation for years. Sure there's been more tabac than usual these past months, but tea swiches and the cover job at 2:39 pm struck me to conversion with twitches to my right eye. I shall eat well and dreak tea and stop at nothing.
...
Picked up 'The Joy Luck Club' on Sunday at the Strand Book ostensible Sale. But this was after attending this book club meeting a feind had invited me to at Barista's, Saint Mark's at 11 am. Well to begin with there wasnt anyone around at Barista's except some fascinating trim middleaged guy who looked like a travel writer and was thinking comfortably alone. I thought maybe this was my comeuppance for all my standups to all kinds. Came back a second time shuffled to the counter, asked for a cold coffee, controlled a tremor at the casual 'thats Rs.45' and went back to my seat, back towards the travel writer. A club did cobble together but the crazed friend didnt turn up -huh. Right f. And the travelwriter wasnt part of it. Put on a brave casual show though I think got highly strung on one point too pointless. Shuffled out at the conclusion and sped to Strand. Climbed to the 10th floor; hauha -noone else tried that with me i noticed; trailblazer of popular missions. Supermarket carry baskets I saw! Moneyed drumfaces casually flicked books into carts. So after sham displays of picking up several books and walking around with them, chucked all of them except one into a cardbord box under the paytable. And yes, that vun book vas? - The Joy Luck Club (Amy tan)
...
Sorry to have to miss the talk on Derrida today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home