Isthmus of Ignatz

Brick by Brick

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

dream on a knoll

Before I forget this entirely, my lastnight dream demands to be written down in these few minutes I have stolen at the office space in office time. I dreamt sometime in the early morning that I was lying on the top of a grassy knoll on my belly, chin in my palms. It must have been very high up because the clouds were very close, and just a few feet above I saw this bird coasting, as birds do only when theyre pretty high up. And the bird was coasting in a small area above me, almost at arms distance and i thought it looked very dreamy and it was idyllic. I liked the clouds so close like a roof and the bird coasting at arms length. I tried without much effort to touch the bird as it coasted in the small circle in my view and it looked like I waved while I wondered. I wondered and tried hard to find if I might know which bird this was. It was white and medium sized with grey wingtips. Then the word 'Albatross' came to my head. But this was not an Albatross I knew. I shook my head as I looked up because I knew this was not an Albatross. (It was a very likely a sea-gull, I now realise) but I enjoyed everything as I allowed myself to be mildly bothered by the bird's generic name. My palm was held out as I tried to figure its true name. And as I lulled in the mystery of the perfect moment with my palm held out, something fell thwack in my open palm. It was the the bird's wing torn out. I cried. I asked 'Why?'. Soon the gull's body fell some distance down. I cried. I asked Why.

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger ether said...

Ohno ohno ohno.

Bird poop would've been better, no?

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Finny Forever said...

it would have been funny.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger misch said...

as usual destructive you. killing birds even in your dreams... tut tut...

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Jugular Bean said...

Somewhere in dreamland a bird dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home