Isthmus of Ignatz

Brick by Brick

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Big beards, bushy voices, cheap thrills and she

Beards have always scared me, except in those few cases when they havent scared me for reasons like - the face was too pacific, or genial such like. Along with beards, another thing that scares me is a deep voice. For some reason it shatters me completely as I've already confessed to a couple of people here and there. So on the whole I getscared by largely hairy and deep voiced things and really have to try hard to compose myself before I do anything constructive in their presence. Now, is this the very reason why men grow beards and harness deep voices, because in the prehistoric society of physical domination - putting fear into the enemy - was a certain guarantee of victory? Is this why in modern office times, some men continue to do so? For me however as I travelled through time, nothing has changed. I still shiver at big beards and bushy voices. The only thing that would clear the fear out completely for me would be if somethign got me very angry at the same time.

***

The ditzy cafe was alright, endurable, for atleast an hour.
But nothing was going right with the man she was meant to humour.
A fearful beard and a voice liek god.
With the first line he spoke, she trembled as she shook internally and finally surrendering all control, let her face fall into her plate of dark cake. She gave up, she was never going to connect with this hairy man with an important voice. There was nothing normal in any of this. Why had she ever agreed to this illstarred act of hairball sitting for a girlfriend whod take another horrifying hour to arrive. Weekends in a dark room with books and agents of death had always served her well. Why this? Go back - say I must go. now! Lifting her face from her cake, with some dark syrup streaks on her chin, she looked at his face once more. Jesus Christ! This was the whole of hairy Syriac Kerala looking back at her, every lecherous district, town, lurid front alley and semenal backwater, sticky uncles and heaving aunties. save me. And that was all it took. If she had had a trunk between her legs, it would be showing above the table now. She took him by the hand and they bundled into an auto, where they harnessed every calamitous shudder of the chassis, to arrive at new understandings.

***

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jugular Bean said...

You must stay away from JP then.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Finny Forever said...

he doesnt have a deep voice. hey - and look at the turnaround!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home